- KFB-knit into front and back of stitch (increase)
- K2TOG-knit next two stitches together (decrease)
- WYIF-with yarn in front. Move yarn to front of work while slipping stitches. Remember to move the yarn to the back of the work before knitting!
Yarn: Approx. 56g [130 yds] DK weight yarn
US 6 (4.0 mm) 16 “ (40 cm) circular needles, DPNs, or longer circulars for magic loop
US 7 (4.5 mm) 16 “ (40 cm) circular needles, DPNs, or longer circulars for magic loop
- 1 st marker for beginning of round
- Pom Pom, optional but oh so pretty!
- Tapestry or large eye needle
Gauge: on larger needles, in the round stockinette stitch, blocked 7-8 rows = 1”, 6 sts = 1”
Finished Measurements: Finished circumference is approximately 18” (46 cm) at ribbing, blocked. Finished height is approximately 8” (20 cm), blocked for the Cast on A option.
I would recommend reading through the pattern before beginning. There are two different cast on options depending on the size of head you are knitting for.
Option A is for a 19-21" head circumference (tween size)
Option B is for a 22-23" head circumference (typical average adult woman)
As always, we love seeing your creations. Tag #hypnoticyarn on Instagram, or share your photos on the Facebook page!